Happy New Year Damsels!
How relieved are you to finally be putting 2016’s craziness behind you?! From the fluke storm that left the majority of us buried under 3 feet of snow, to the shit storm of a Presidential Election, as a human race, I think we’ve all agreed that 2016 was a pretty crappy year!
RIP MiMi’s Career!
The beautiful thing
about an entire setback year; is the year that follows, we get to spend the next 365 days stepping up and stepping forward.
I know you’ve set some KICK ASS Resolutions for 2017 & I want to help you reach your goals.
5 Tips to Add to Your Daily Morning Routine to be more Kick-Ass-Ery!(yes, that IS a word I just made it one!)
- GET UP! I know this one feels like a no-brainer, but it really is not! Many people who are wealthy & successful, like Uncle Barry (ya know, the 44th President of the US?!) attribute their success to being early raisers. In fact, studies show that 44% of wealthy people wake up 3 hrs or more prior to reporting to work! <got that info here> Giving yourself extra time in the morning not only gives you enough time to have an effective morning routine (ehhem the rest of the list) it also gives you a chance to focus while the rest of the world is still slumbering.
- SWEAT EARLY! Hitting the gym early is a sure fire way to not only make the habit stick (HELLO #BawdyGoals) but also its science, working out before your body knows what’s going on, you’re BOUND to burn more calories! Studies have actually shown, working out first thing, on an empty stomach burns 20% more fat! Check this article out on fasted cardio from BlackGirlHealthcom. Also like.. you CAN’T argue with science!
- BE POSITIVE!How many times will I have to talk to you about the power of positivity?Begin your day with positive affirmations! Starting your day with affirmations is just what you need to get into high spirits and to be more Kick-Ass-Ery. As your walking out the door or even on your commute practice saying some affirmations.
- BREAKFAST IS KING! I know earlier I said that you will burn more calories if you hit the gym before you chow down. But I NEVER said you should nix breakfast! After all, it is the most important meal of the day; So make it count ladies!
- DRESS UP! I know I don’t have to remind you Damsels to wake up and SLAY the day. But when you wake up, and dress up, remember to dress for the position you WANT not the position you have! Obviously if you want to be a lifeguard but you work as a pharmacist you aren’t gonna show up to hand out scripts in a bathing suit. But if you want the corner office everyday you show up, be dressed like you have the corner office!
So Carpe Diem! Better yet, Carpe Annum!
SEIZE THE WHOLE DAMN YEAR!
& as always remember,